As public health and safety standards evolve, companies must make sure their employees receive essential education and training to remain up to date and in compliance. Academy Food Service Consulting (AFSC) understands the challenges local businesses face in today’s marketplace and provides up to date training to keep you and your employees ahead of the curve.
AFSC offers ServSafe® training from The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, designed to educate your staff in the following areas:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of food-borne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
All training programs meet the requirements for Food Protection Manager Certification that are required for the operation of most food service establishments.
ServSafe® Food Protection classes run approximately 6 hours. The exam immediately follows the class. All training materials incorporate the latest information from the most recent FDA Food Code. We use the ServSafe® Manager 7th Edition for all class instructions.
ServSafe® Certification has been deemed valid, reliable and legally defensible, as well as transferable between jurisdictions. ServSafe® training is the right thing to do for your employees, but most importantly, for our guests! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.